Psychedelic Harm Reduction: Past, Present, Future
Time & Location
About the Event
This class will provide an overview of psychedelic harm reduction history and principles, and discuss legal and ethical issues that may arise when working with altered states. By examining the history of the Harm Reduction movement you will learn:
- various ways of engaging in psychedelic work safely.
- the difference between types of facilitators.
- the risks and rewards that emerge in underground work.
- ways to reduce the risks of working with altered states.
This discussion on the legal and ethical issues that arise from working with altered states is an essential for explorers.
About the Speaker:
Erica Siegal, LCSW is a professional harm reductionist, community organizer and MDMA-assisted psychotherapy researcher. Erica has been providing psychedelic harm reduction services & mental health crisis response at festivals and events for the past seven years. In late 2019, she founded her own company, NEST Harm Reduction & Consulting to provide compassionate trauma-informed direct care, professional trainings and consulting services to grassroots harm reduction organizations.
- $7 Donation Ticket$7$70$0
- $0 Complimentary Ticket$0$00$0